Scott Drury grew up in the district and is raising his family in our community — one where residents are passionate about issues and deeply invested in working together to create a bright future for the next generation. Scott is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney and now practices law in the private sector. Scott also is an adjunct professor at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. Scott is widely regarded as the most independent voice in Illinois’ General Assembly where he routinely works with Democrats, Republicans and Independents to fight for responsible firearms regulations and fiscal reform. Scott is also passionate and outspoken about protecting a women’s right to make her own decisions about her healthcare and protecting our environment.
- University of California, Berkeley – B.A. in Political Economy (high honors), 1995
- Northwestern University School of Law – J.D. (cum laude), 1998
SCOTT’S PUBLIC SERVICE
- Illinois State Representative – District 58 (2013 – present)
- Commissioner – Illinois State Commission on Criminal Justice and Sentencing Reform
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Illinois, Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Public Defender Service of Washington, D.C., Intern Investigator
- Street Law — Volunteer Legal Educator at a Chicago juvenile detention center
SCOTT’S COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Anti-Defamation League (Greater Chicago/Upper Midwest Region) – Advisory Board Member
- Congregation Solel – Member
- League of Women Voters (Highland Park/Highwood) – Member
Scott is happily married with two children who attend local public schools.